R

redbluefish

Sep 13, 2018
On August 20th, I took ten 450mg pills of lithium. I spaced them out (which may have been my undoing) and took 4 in the morning and 6 that night. Went to sleep and woke up the next morning. When I woke up I realized that I may have just signed up for a slow, painful death from kidney failure and, panicking, told my dad what I did. Then I went to school.

He checked me out halfway through the school day to see my psychiatrist. This ended up with me being sent to a psych ward because he "couldn't trust me anymore" because I had been saying I wasn't having any suicidal thoughts the last time I saw him (3 months prior). The psych ward refused to take me until I was medically clear, so I spent that night in the ER. No symptoms this entire time. Didn't even puke. Lithium levels only got up to 1.3 (therapeutic range is 0.9-1.2).

Transferred to psychiatric hospital the next morning by EMS. Everyone there seemed to think it's a miracle that I lived, especially with not going to the ER until a full 24 hours after the last dose. Denied, denied, denied my way out of there after a long six days with instructions to see an endocrinologist for PCOS. I already knew that I had it, but after the lab work at the gynecologist nothing else was ever done because I don't want a period anyway. My doctor in the hospital thought I'm "too nonchalant about this", but no one else has panicked before. They've all just said that it really only matters if I want to get pregnant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, I'm home. I managed to get 20 pills this time and am planning on taking them all once. That, and the fact that I've been taking it daily again to raise my baseline levels, should definitely help. I know it's not an ideal method by any means, but it's all I've got. I can't move around enough to try and hang myself without waking my dad and my parents took my door off it's hinges so I wouldn't have a chance. I've scheduled my notes to go out 3 weeks from now so that I should have time to get home from the hospital and delete them if it fails.

Any last minute tips?

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Pills don't work, that's what I read... Do plan out and pick a more reliable if you don't want to fail again

Reactions: Lookingforabus
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Anyways, I'm home. I managed to get 20 pills this time and am planning on taking them all once. That, and the fact that I've been taking it daily again to raise my baseline levels, should definitely help. I know it's not an ideal method by any means, but it's all I've got. I can't move around enough to try and hang myself without waking my dad and my parents took my door off it's hinges so I wouldn't have a chance. I've scheduled my notes to go out 3 weeks from now so that I should have time to get home from the hospital and delete them if it fails.

Any last minute tips?

Yeah, that's just going to get you a longer stay at a psych ward. 10 grams of lithium won't kill you.

See the attached case study of two guys who each survived almost 100 grams of lithium pills.

Absolutely do not use this method, you'll just end up more miserable, and very much alive.

Attachments

• 1205.full.pdf
    933.5 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: woxihuanni, Thorn and Rocksandsand