napkin5

napkin5

Mar 19, 2023
hi , I've never done anything like this or even posted a thread before so bare with me. As the title says, i am 25 and facing homelessness. I smoke weed (it's legal where I am) for pain I'm in everyday because I have been suffering from what the doctors think is Chrohns disease, but last time I tried to do a colonoscopy it sent me to the ER and it's another year of waiting again. I spent most of my days in bed or the toilet. I now currently weigh 89 pounds and I have gotten so weak. This past summer whilst still struggling with my illness I also had to fly to another state to testify against my dad because he molested my step sister that I shared a room with. My dad was a physically and emotionally abusive cop who was in my life until he was sentenced to life in prison this past summer. Since he went to jail, all sides of my family have stopped communication with me. One more thing, my partner started abusing me around the same time of my dads sentencing and when I flew out he stayed at home and cheated on me. Hearing this , most of my friends stopped talking to me when I wouldn't leave him. But since his family has money, it's the only way I can afford to stay alive right now. I know he will be done with me soon , and me my dog (a chihuahua mix) won't make it on the streets, she currently has a collapsing trachea and I'm doing my best to manage it but I know we wouldn't last it is still snowing outside and all I have now is a broken down car,no family, no friends.. I feel so so alone and the only person around makes me feel worse . I just want to be alive again

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, Haruka, catnap and 8 others
LookAway

LookAway

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I'm really sorry life has brought you to this point my best advice first thing first is to get emergency food stamps so you can make sure you at least have food to eat.

Reactions: damnatio memoriae
tiredofbreathing

tiredofbreathing

Jan 3, 2023
Like the person above me said, apply for food stamps, state insurance and disability. I'm pretty sure you can get disability with chrons disease.

Maybe you could live in a van or cheap motel for a while if you have to leave?

napkin5

napkin5

Mar 19, 2023
I'm really sorry life has brought you to this point my best advice first thing first is to get emergency food stamps so you can make sure you at least have food to eat.
Like the person above me said, apply for food stamps, state insurance and disability. I'm pretty sure you can get disability with chrons disease.

Maybe you could live in a van or cheap motel for a while if you have to leave?
Thank u for the reply.. I have applied for insurance , and food stamps I did the phone interview about a month ago and I'm still under review I guess , I know I can't get disability w/o a formal diagnosis and my next doctor appointment I can get is in October.. I can about afford a cardboard box not much more though and we are being evicted next month which is when I'm sure i will be left on the street and he has mansion in south beach he can stay at. Im hoping for a miracle but prepared to end it all as well if that's what it has to be I don't want to be sick and on the streets it's already exhausting just to be sick

LookAway

LookAway

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Thank u for the reply.. I have applied for insurance , and food stamps I did the phone interview about a month ago and I'm still under review I guess , I know I can't get disability w/o a formal diagnosis and my next doctor appointment I can get is in October.. I can about afford a cardboard box not much more though and we are being evicted next month which is when I'm sure i will be left on the street and he has mansion in south beach he can stay at. Im hoping for a miracle but prepared to end it all as well if that's what it has to be I don't want to be sick and on the streets it's already exhausting just to be sick
Well I don't know where you're at but I know that if you go in there in person and tell them you're homeless you get them basically the same day. I'm wishing you the best.

Reactions: napkin5
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like such an awful situation, life really is just so incredibly cruel and it's so horrible how people suffer like this all through no fault of their own. But anyway I wish you the best of luck.

napkin5

napkin5

Mar 19, 2023
That sounds like such an awful situation, life really is just so incredibly cruel and it's so horrible how people suffer like this all through no fault of their own. But anyway I wish you the best of luck.
thank u

Saai

Saai

Mar 20, 2023
I truly sorry to hear you have to go through all of this. I really hope you can figure something out. You don't deserve this. I don't know you but I know that much.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Sorry it's all so difficult. Being homeless is abominable. Is there any chance of going to a shelter for the homeless? Or a refuge for people who are undergoing domestic abuse?